Want to know more about this important issue?
Enter your details here:
I continue to fight for better traffic management across the electorate to reduce congestion.
I’m working with the community to upgrade the South Yarra station and link it to the proposed Melbourne Metro. This will reduce cars on our local roads. If you support this important work, please sign my petition.
We’ve been successful in working with the former State Liberal Government in having the Burke Road level crossing removed, and I continue to fight for the removal of other level crossings to reduce congestion and improve public transport.
The Labor State Government has started work on a sky rail. The lack of genuine community consultation prior to the State Government’s announcement is betrayal of local residents. State Labor Premier Daniel Andrews has ignored the desires and expectations of both local communities and council. It is clear that this proposal has come from nowhere, with no consultation. Level crossings must be removed, but not this way.
I take these issues very seriously and I will continue to stand up for our local community.
The Turnbull Government is investing a record $50 billion in Australia’s land infrastructure – to improve road and rail links, reduce travel times and support economic growth.
The Roads to Recovery funding for local roads has been increased by 83 per cent to $3.2 billion over the next four years and $500 million has been allocated to fix road black spots, along with $300 million for the Bridges Renewal Programme.
We are also investing in the Melbourne Metro rail project to improve access, amenity and liveability.
The Turnbull Government has committed to a number of projects across Victoria, including:
- Melbourne Metro – $857 million in funding for Melbourne Metro.
- Monash Freeway – Additional lanes will unlock productivity in Melbourne by reducing congestion along the M1 corridor.
- Murray Basin Rail – Upgrading over 1,000 km of rail line to provide an alternative to road freight.
- M80 – Completes the three remaining sections of the M80 Western Ring Road and improves traffic flow along one of Victoria’s critical freight corridors.
- Great Ocean Road – Strengthening bridges and upgrading pavements, guardrails, cliff and land slip sites.
- Urban Congestion and Regional Roads Packages – A number of projects that will relive congestion in urban areas and upgrade rural and regional infrastructure.
- Princes Highway West – Duplication to help bring regional communities together and link key industries to markets.
You can read more about the Turnbull Government’s plan for building Australia’s infrastructure here.