Want to know more about this important issue?
Enter your details here:
Australia’s future depends on continuing to grow our economy as we transition from the mining investment boom to a more diversified, new and strong economy.
Our national economic plan for jobs and growth will back hard working Australians, create more jobs and grow the economy so that we may secure greater prosperity for the future of Australian families.
The 2016-17 Federal Budget sets out this plan through:
- An innovation and science programme that will help Australians harness new sources of growth to deliver economic prosperity;
- A plan for young Australians that will help vulnerable young Australians get the skillsand confidence that they are expected to have by employers so they can get a job and stay in a job;
- A defence industry plan that will secure an advanced defence manufacturing industry in Australia and create thousands of new hi-tech jobs;
- Export trade deals that will generate 19,000 new export opportunities, give our farmers a competitive edge and open doors into expanding markets for our service industries;
- Tax cuts and incentives for small business and hard working families;
- Awell-targeted superannuation system that supports and encourages all Australians to save and reduce the dependence on the Age Pension in retirement;
- A sustainable budget with crackdowns on multi-national corporation tax avoidance and loopholes;
- A transport plan for Victoriathat will tackle congestion, upgrade our metropolitan and regional roads and rail and create jobs; and
- Guaranteed funding for health and education.
Our Plan will deliver a strong new economy with more than 200,000 new jobs for Australian workers expected to be created in 2016-17.
When the Coalition came into Government in 2013, Labor had left Australians with a broken budget, a damaged economy and a serious debt and deficit problem to fix.
The Turnbull Government is committed to delivering a plan for Australians that will provide greater opportunities and secure better outcomes for all Australians now and into the future.