I am grateful for the many applications received from schools, churches and local community groups for services, marches and memorials, that will enable Higgins residents to commemorate the First World War and honour the servicemen and servicewomen who fought for Australia and the freedoms we continue to enjoy today
- Villa Maria Society for a Commemorative stone in the Prahran Villa Maria Rose Garden
- St John’s Anglican Church for a series of public events to mark anniversaries over the course of the First World War
- East Malvern RSL branch for the restoration of their Honour Boards to commemorate soldiers from the First World War
- Solway Primary School for the installation of an Anzac Centenary Memorial Stone
- Yarra Trams for the installation of a memorial stone at the Malvern Depot to remember the 12 soldiers of the Depot who sadly died fighting during the First World War.
- Toorak RSL for the restoration of photographic memorabilia of soldiers from the First World War
- Toorak RSL for the restoration of the St John’s War Memorial on the corner of Toorak Road and Orrong Road
- Prahran RSL for the restoration and relocation of the Honour Board previously housed at the former Hawkskburn State School
- The King David School for the installation of an Anzac Centenary Memorial Stone.