Want to know more about this important issue?
Enter your details here:
Building a Stronger Economy
The Turnbull Government is implementing our plan for a stronger economy.
Our plan includes:
- Backing businesses to invest and create more jobs
- Investing in transport infrastructure to support growth and improve safety
- Providing tax relief to encourage and reward working Australians
- Introducing new tax integrity measures as recommended by our Black Economy Taskforce
- Creating more opportunities for Australians to enhance their skills and explore job opportunities
- We are providing more support for mature Australians through the Career Transition Assistance Programme, and encouraging entrepreneurship among mature Australians.
Through sustainable budget management, for the first time in a decade the Government is no longer borrowing to pay for everyday expenses.
By contrast Labor, with support from the Greens, wants to increase taxes on Australians by more than $200 billion. The fact is, their higher-taxing, higher-spending approach would put a handbrake on the economy.
One million jobs have been created since we were first elected. But we cannot take a stronger economy for granted. That is why we will continue to work to grow the economy and repair the Budget. For more information, click here.